Thursday, 17 January 2013

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub Review

I know that I've been AWOL for about three months but I realised that I couldn't write up decent blog posts when I had to settle back into uni life, adjust to 6am wake ups and stress about my dissertation all at once! No posts are better than bad posts, right? Anyway, I'm going to pretend that I never left and crack on with the show.


I thought that I'd start with a little review on Lush's Bubblegum Lip Scrub. The scrub itself is made from castor sugar (and tastes amazing) and seeing as it's Lush you don't have to worry about any horrible chemicals because it's 100% natural! To use the scrub you only need to take a tiny amount on your finger and then just rub it in like you would do with any other exfoliating product. Just remember not to rub too hard because you don't want to get sore, scratched lips. Once you've applied the product and are happy with the amount of scrubbing you've done the fun part comes- you lick it off! Or you can simply wipe it off, but where's the fun in that?


I've been using the lip scrub since the beginning of last July so I can completely vouch for how amazing it is! My lips weren't in a horrific state, they just started peeling and it especially showed when I put lipstick on. I saw a couple of bloggers mentioning this little gem on their blogs so I decided to bite the bullet and spend £5.25 on it, and I'm glad to say that I did. I used to use it once in the morning and once at night but soon realised that it had made my lips so soft I could go days without needing to go back to it! I know that the price seems a lot, for such a small tub, but you only need a small amount -because a little goes a long way- so I see it as an 'investment' product because it will last for such a long time. It works well on its own or if you're prepping for lipstick application - it seriously just glides onto your lips!


After a good five months I still have well over two thirds of the tub left and I only break it out when my lips really need it because its effects are truly long lasting! I'm not sure which product I'd turn to in a lip crisis if I never discovered this little miracle, it's absolutely amazing!

The Bubblegum Lip Scrub is available in Lush stores or online for £5.25, and worth every penny! Will you be trying out their lip scrub or do you have your own alternative lip therapy? 

12 comments:

  1. Welcome back missy , I love the popcorn lip scrub , yum xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely! I love popcorn, I'll check that one out next time! xx

      Delete
  2. You've just reminded me to buy this! I definitely need this, I bet it smells delicious!

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this product before but it sounds interesting :)
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the popcorn lip scrub today and already love it. I must do a review soon too. Lovely blog post xx

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lust really is sooooo good! I'd love to try that lip balm x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah this is my absolute favourite! Great review xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE lush! Cool blog. I really enjoyed looking through it. Come by mine and if you like it let's follow each other:)! Would love to stay in touch ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i use this lip scrub literally every other day! its amazing and tastes soo good! love your pictures! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this product !!!!!!!! It's the only thing of Lush I am not allergic to hahahah
    it would be great to follow each other xx
    www.imitationisthegreatestformofflattery.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice review :) I really want to try the popcorn scrub as have heard it tastes delicious! Im definitely picking both up next time im in Lush as my lips have been so dry recently x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just went out and got a sample of this today. I'm new to Lush but I've been looking for a good lip scrub since my lips are prone to peeling in the winter. Great review!
    xoxo Chris
    My Fashion Trendencies

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every single one of your lovely comments! If you have any questions I'll make sure that I get back to you.